Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yoga Class

I took my first yoga " class" today... its been over a month.

My personal practice has been so strong and wonderful...that I have not needed to pay to go to yoga. But I decided to go today and wow...it felt amazing!

Usually when you have not been to a class or the gym for a while...its so hard to get back into it...your muscles ache and your mind wanders. But I was in bliss...in a packed room with wonderful people, sharing energy and moving with our breath and the sound of jazz music and Krishna Das...

The whole class was a joy. Even at times when they were moving a little faster than my breath could handle...I slowed down to my own pace and kept the ujjayi breath Mark taught me.

My muscles felt elongated, my breath was deeper, my body was more relaxed, my mind was at peace.

The NOT going to yoga class and practicing my OWN yoga helped so much.

So many people that I talk to about yoga make excuses about how much money yoga classes are in the city or how they don't have time to go...and I keep saying to do your OWN yoga. Take out a few minutes in the am and pm and just do the breathing sequence of lifting the arms up over head and bending forward with the exhale. That's it for now and if that is all they can do  then that alone WILL change their life.

I am living proof. Who knows what the future will bring, but right now I am a believer in Marks' promise and I will continue to do my yoga!

om shanti

"Yoga is your direct participation
absorption in the given wonder
the extreme intelligence of life
that is of course in every person
every creature
you can do this
it's not a search
it's not to use the mind
it's not to use the body to try to get somewhere
as if you are not "Somewhere"
as if you are not the full blown wonder of life
dependent on a vast process
for your own existence
so there is a right yoga for you
you learn to do that yoga
and then you too can enjoy this direct absorption
participation in the nurturing force that is life already given to you
you are completely loved
completely loved
you are completely cared for
everybody is completely loved
completely cared for
even if the social conditions are suggesting otherwise
even if your mind doesn't recognize it
by doing your yoga practice on a daily basis
actually and naturally
not obsessively"
-Mark Whitwell  http://www.heartofyoga.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment