Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Ups and Downs of Relationships, Literally.

After returning from my amazing and fullfilling trip to India...the connection with my boyfriend has changed a bit. I feel this is quite natural, especially considering all the life evolving and transforming that went on with in myself in India while he stayed in his everyday life of NYC.
We seemed off. A lot of changes are happening in our lives and we were not communicating very well...to add my jet lag and culture shock of arriving back to the 'in your face' world of America.
So...we debated, argued, listened, cried...and before we were going to head out the door I said, "Drop your bad and take off your shoes". We stood face to face and I lead him in the simple breathing that Mark teaches. Inhale the hands up and above the head and then exhale the hands to namaste/pranam. We did that for a few minutes and then went on to the next step which is the same breathing pattern but this time as we exhale we bend down so our fingers touch the floor. On our inhale we rose to standing, hands above head and exhale we descended our spine, fingers touching the floor. We continued on with this for a few breaths and then finished with chanting to Lakshmi (Om Shreem Sri Hai Namaha) and many moments of silence with our hands in pranam. I opened my eyes and said to him, "Namaste: The light with in me honors the light with in you" and he smiled. Our energy was sealed and all the past and future dissipated into the heartspace NOW.
Om Shanti!

No comments:

Post a Comment